Pork Rind Chicken Nuggets
These Pork Rind Chicken Nuggets are so good! I created this recipe back when I was on a paleo diet, and even though I no longer follow that diet, I still make these. That is how good they are! There are so many new companies making pork rinds these days, and I feel like I’ve done a good job at trying them all. Growing up, Goya was always my go to brand, and I still love them so much.
Half of my family is Puerto Rican so we grew up on pork rinds, chicharrones, etc. There was always pork being cooked in the oven. Whenever Pernil (pork shoulder) came out of the oven, we all raced toward it to get all the crispy pieces. This is a recipe I have seen around and usually these nuggets are cooked on the stove top. I hate oil splatter on my stove top, so I tried baking these and they came out super delicious!
These paleo pork rind crusted chicken nuggets are easy to make, taste delicious, and are low carb. I love pairing these with a simple maple mustard sauce or homemade ketchup.
How to Make Chicken Nuggets with Pork Rinds
1 lb Chicken Breast or Thighs cut into nugget sized pieces
1 Bag pork rind crumbles or pork panko
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
preheat oven to 375F
Pour 1/2 bag of pork rind crumbles into a bowl. Add more as needed
Season raw chicken Nuggets with salt and seasonings
Crack the eggs into another bowl and beat them until combined. Add seasoned chicken nuggets and coat well.
Then, add Nuggets into the pork crumble mixture
Place Nuggets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flip over and bake for an additional 5 – 7 minutes. If you are using an air fryer, cook at 390F for 14 minutes
If baking, once they are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them rest on the baking sheet for 5-7 minutes so they are easier to remove from the sheet.
If you like this recipe, you make also like:
Pork Rind Crusted Chicken NuggetsErin Aronowitz
- 1 lb Chicken Breast or Thighs cut into nugget sized pieces
- 1 Bag pork rind crumbles or pork panko
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Eggs
- preheat oven to 375F
- Pour 1/2 bag of pork rind crumbles into a bowl. Add more as needed
- Season raw chicken Nuggets with salt and seasonings
- Crack eggs into bowl and beat until combined. Add raw chicken Nuggets and coat well.
- Add Nuggets into pork crumble mixture
- Place Nuggets on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, flip over and bake for an additional 5 – 7 minutes. If you are using an air fryer, cook at 390F for 14 minutes
- If baking, once they are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them rest on the baking sheet for 5-7 minutes so they are easier to remove from the sheet.
Follow me on Instagram @spinachandbacon
June 23, 2022 at 2:52 pm
This was tasty and nice and easy
I used an air fryer though will be making this again thank you for sharing
July 5, 2022 at 9:05 am
That sounds great! I didn’t have an air fryer back when I made this recipe, but I have one now so I should update the recipe! I am glad you liked it!