Tomato Coconut Cream Pasta Sauce
Edamame Pasta + Tomato Coconut Cream Sauce! When I found out that Aldi was now selling this pasta, I got really excited. I texted my mom, sister, all my titis, cousins, everyone! Everyone had a box within 24 hours, and we all shared what we did with it and we all love it! This pasta has allll the fiber making it a great staple for the low carb peeps! I decided to go completely vegan with mine and I created a tomato cream sauce using grape tomatoes that I had on hand. This ultra creamy sauce is sooo comforting and delicious!
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Pk (16 oz) Grape Tomatoes
- 5 Green Onions(just white parts), chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil (or 1 tsp Fresh Basil, diced)
- A pinch of Oregano
- 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
- Optional Toppings: Raw Pumpkin Seeds and Fresh Basil
- Add oil to a pan and turn heat to low. Add tomatoes to the pan and cook for 25 minutes on low. When water starts to release from the tomatoes, add 1/4 tsp of salt and stir. Let simmer for remainder of 25 mins.
- Add onions and garlic, dried herbs, and remainder of salt. Cook for 5 minutes on low.
- Add 6 to 8 TBSP of coconut cream and stir. Taste mixture after 6 tablespoons and decide if you want more of a coconutty taste. Once mixture is hot, remove from heat.
- While tomatoes are cooking, boil water and cook pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Once tomato mixture is done cooking, pour contents of pan into a food processor and pulse until well blended. Add additional salt at this point if needed.
- Pour sauce over pasta, top with pumpkin seeds and Enjoy!