Low Carb Beef Stroganoff
I love putting healthy twists on comfort food. This ultra creamy take on the classic Beef Stroganoff is on a bed of yellow squash ribbons. I let my Instant Pot do most of the work while I spiralized my squash noodles using an OXO spiralizer. I know zoodles are sometimes a bit too mushy, but because these noodles are a bit wider, they pair really well with the rest of the dish.
1- 1.5 lbs Flank Steak, cut into cube sized pieces. Cut against the grain.
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb baby bella mushrooms, sliced
7 green onions, dark green parts removed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup Sour Cream or Coconut Cream
1 tbsp Arrowroot flour
3/4 cup beef stock (unsalted)
1.5 tbsp Tamari
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut beef, slice mushrooms, dice onions, and mince garlic.
2. Press saute on Instant Pot. While it is heating up go to step 3.
3. Season steak pieces with paprika, 1/4 tsp of salt, and some black pepper.
4. Add oil to instant pot and then add beef. Brown the beef on all sides, about 5 minutes.
5. Remove Beef, set aside
6. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 7 minutes. After the mushrooms start to release water, use the water to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
7. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
9. Add white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to release any brown bits that may be stuck. Saute the wine mixture for 2 minutes.
10. Add beef with any juices that have been released back to the pot.
11. Add beef stock to instant pot, followed by tamari, fish sauce, and dijon mustard. Stir.
12. Make sure all beef is at least partially covered. Add the lid. Lock the vent. Cook at high pressure for 10 mins.
13. Turn machine off. Do a natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release.
14. Let beef cool for 10 minutes with lid off, then add sour cream. Stir. Once it is mixed well, press saute. When mixture starts to boil, add arrowroot powder. Mix until desired consistency is achieved. (If you are using coconut cream, you do not need to let the mixture cool. Press Saute, add the coconut cream and stir. Once it is fully incorporated add the arrowroot powder. Mix until your desired consistency is achieved.)
15. Serve over squash ribbon noodles