| PALAK PANEER | Welcome to the new week! Palak Paneer is a dish made with creamy spinach and delicious cubes of pan fried cheese (paneer). I made this dish creamy using coconut milk, so if you are limiting your dairy, this is helpful. I have a huge supply of Paneer in my house because I mentioned that I like it..and then my mom, like the amazing person she is, saw some in Costco and decided I needed it in bulk. Who can be mad about that?? The secret to this recipe is using Ghee! Ghee is clarified butter and you can find it at most supermarkets. I found one at Trader Joe’s and it already has some Indian spices in it, so I knew I wanted to use that. For an Indian Dish, there are very few ingredients in this recipe so it is great for beginners! Try it out and let me know what you think!
2 tbsp seasoned @traderjoes Indian Spiced Ghee ( photo below)
3 Green Onions (white and green parts)
1 bag frozen spinach (16 oz)
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 garam masala
1/4 tsp black pepper
2/3 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Add Ghee and Onions to a large pot. Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes.
2. Add ginger paste and stir.
3. Add spinach, salt, cumin, garam masala, and black pepper.
4. Stir occasionally until spinach is completely thawed and all ingredients are fully incorporated.
5. Add broth and coconut milk and turn heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until everything is incorporated and creamy.
Half of a package of paneer, cut into cubes.
1.5 tbsp avocado oil
1. Add oil to a pan and let it heat up.
2. Toss cheese cubes into pan with 2 generous pinches of salt. Stir.
3. Cook until the sides are browned.