White Bean Hummus
I absolutely love this hummus recipe!! I love all hummus, really, but something about this white bean hummus really stands out! Everytime I serve it at a party, my guests devour it! I even get special requests for it! This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make, so definitely try it out! It is a fabulous addition to a Mediterranean style meal, or perfect on its own with some crudité or chips!
2 (15oz) cans of cannellini beans
2 lemons, juiced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/3 cup to 1/2 cup tahini paste (start with 1/3 and then add more to taste)
Salt and pepper (add 1/4 tsp salt at first. Then, add more later to taste)
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Optional – Smoked Paprika
1. Remove beans from the can, add to a colander, and rinse.
2. Put the beans into the bowl of a food processor.
3. Add the lemon juice, cumin, garlic, tahini paste, 1/4 tsp salt and a few shakes of black pepper.
4. Turn the processor on and slowly pour in the olive oil. Process until creamy!
5. Taste hummus as is and add a bit more salt if the taste is too bitter. You can also add a bit more lemon juice if needed.
6. Place hummus in a bowl, and create a circular indentation in the hummus. Drizzle a bit of olive oil into the indentation.
7. Optional – sprinkle with smoked paprika