Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Remember those mini chocolate chip muffins made by Hostess? I can still remember the smell. In High School, I would eat a pack sometimes for lunch with a bagel and cream cheese (because carbs) and I looked forward to opening up the package and smelling that heavenly smell. Well, this recipe mimics the taste and smell of those delicious mini muffins using wonderfully pure ingredients! They will even stay soft on their own for daysssss (if they last that long)!
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup creamy almond butter
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups fine almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. + extra pinch salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease mini muffin pan with coconut oil
3. Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk or Mix well with an electric mixer.
4. Combine the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
5. Pour the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients and mix well.
6. Mix in chocolate chips with a spoon and spread batter into greased muffin pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes