Meatball Stuffed Biscuits
I hope you’re hungry because I just made these delicious Meatball Stuffed Biscuits! Flattened out biscuit dough, loaded with mozzarella cheese, meatballs and with parmesan butter! Ever since I made my Biscuit Bao Buns last winter, I’ve been stuffing biscuits with anything and everything! This combo was inspired by Molly Yeh but I changed it up by using pre-made meatballs to cut down on the time! I used my favorite pre-made meatballs by Trader Joe’s. Then, I used some low moisture mozzarella cheese, biscuit dough, Parmesan, butter and marinara sauce for dunking!
How do you make store bought meatballs taste better?
Bake them inside of a biscuit! These meatball stuffed biscuits are made using pre-made meatballs made this meal, but I also tried this recipe using homemade chicken meatballs and they were equally delicious!
Is it better to fry or bake meatballs?
My favorite meatball recipe is by Pinch Of Yum. I bake them and they come out perfect every time! These recipes are awesome to make for a quick weeknight meal, and super impressive to make for guests!
I made sure that the meatballs were thawed before I put them in my dough so that I did not have to cook them separately. The pre-made brand I used is fully cooked, anyway, so this is safe!
Here is what I used:
9 x 9 Baking Pan – I tried using an 8 x 8 pan, but the biscuits in the middle do not cook correctly, so use a 9 x 9 baking pan or larger. Even a rectangle baking pan will work.
Pastry Brush – Super useful to baste everything in your life with butter!
Rolling Pin – I use this to roll out each biscuit dough into a perfect circle!
Meatball Stuffed BiscuitsErin Aronowitz
- 2 Packs Buttermilk Biscuit Dough 16 biscuits alltogether
- 16 Meatballs Frozen
- 16 pieces Mozzarella Cheese low moisture
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tsp garlic power
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan you can use more or less
- marinara sauce for dunking
- Thaw 16 frozen meatballs
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish on all sides and bottom
- Flatten each biscuit dough
- Place a piece of Mozzarella Cheese in the center
- Place a meatball on top and then close the biscuit dough around the meatball. Place the meatball seam side down in the greased baking dish
- Repeat with remaining dough, cheese, and meatballs
- Bake for 30 minutes and when the time is almost done, melt the butter
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and spread the butter evenly over the top. Sprinkle evenly with garlic power and parmesan cheese.
- Put back in the oven to bake for an additional 8 minutes or until browned.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy while dunking in marinara sauce!
July 14, 2021 at 12:16 pm
Making these tonight, I loved the breakfast version and can’t wait to eat these! Thank you for sharing!