Buffalo Chicken Nachos
I don’t know when we, as a country, decided that Buffalo Chicken was popular, but it is, and I am so happy I get to enjoy it. I love Buffalo Chicken wings, they are always what I order when I am not sure what to order. That tangy hot sauce makes me so happy. I have made something similar to this before, Buffalo Chicken Wontons, but these are a little less fancy, a little more “no frills”. Maybe it’s better that way, but I enjoy both! These Buffalo Chicken Nachos are so delicious, you have to try them!
I really like a thicker nacho chip for these, but any will work. Also, you can use shredded chicken breasts, leftover rotisserie chicken, or canned chicken for this. Sometimes I use canned chicken because it’s just easier. I am a ranch girl when it comes to Buffalo Wings, but if you love bleu cheese, that would be a great addition to these Buffalo Chicken Nachos!
What does Buffalo Chicken taste like?
Buffalo Chicken is tangy and spicy but it can easily be adapted to be either mild, medium, or hot. The most common version of it is for wings, but Buffalo Chicken Dip and Buffalo Chicken Pizza have been gaining in popularity in recent years. I honestly still remember the first time I tried Buffalo Chicken Dip and I could not get enough. I asked for the recipe right away. Nowadays, if I do to a party and there is no Buffalo Chicken Dip, I am kind of disappointed, not gonna lie! ahaha! Ok, ok, I am kidding! But I do really wish it was every party.
Buffalo Wing Sauce
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips I like thicker chips because they hold a lot of toppings
- 16 oz Cooked Shedded Chicken
- 2 tbsp Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 cup Franks Redhot Wing Sauce Wing Sauce, not just the regular hot sauce. The hot sauce is spicier, so if that is all you can find, you may want to add more ranch dressing to balance the flavor.
- 8 oz Shreded Mexican Blend Cheese You can use more. Measure this with your heart!
- 3 Green Onions Diced
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the chicken, ranch dressing, and wing sauce.
- Lay Tortilla Chips out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top chips with chicken mixture followed by half of the diced green onions
- Top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with the remaining green onions, and a drizzle of more wing sauce and ranch dressing.