Pho with Homemade Bone Broth
Pho Pho Pho! Hey Everyone! If you viewed my Instagram stories this weekend then you know I made bone broth. I can’t think of a better reason to make bone broth than Homemade Pho! It’s always great to have this broth on hand, so I made a big batch and then basically used half of it for this. Since the most time consuming part is the broth, I made it in the instant pot on Saturday, and then on Sunday I made the rest of the soup on the stove. I have seen so many people roast the bones first. You do not need to do that extra step. You will still have a gelatinous soup full of collagen and I have the video for proof. Haha! Just make sure you use high quality bones and vinegar.
Bone Broth Recipe:
3 lbs of grass fed bones, including marrow and knuckle bones
6-8 cups of Water
4 Green onions, cut in 3 inch pieces
3 cloves of Garlic, smashed
3 large Carrots, cut into big pieces
1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp kosher salt
1. Put all ingredients in the instant pot, being careful not to go past the max fill line. Set on “Soup” for 120 minutes.
2. Take a nap 🙂
3. Let this have a natural release.
4. Once pressure is released, remove bones with a slotted spoon and strain the rest of the soup.
5. Pour into soup containers. Put in the fridge overnight.
6. Once the soup has solidified, I like to remove the top portion of fat and I use it as oil to cook other things.
Now this broth is ready for anything, including pho!
7. Pour hot broth on top of toppings. Let the soup sit for a couple of minutes so that the beef cooks! Enjoy!