Peach Salsa! Ok..so I used this salsa on breakfast quesadillas this morning and woahhh! Warm and Savory with a hint of sweetness! Peaches are a fruit that I used to rarely eat, but they are my wife’s favorite. Because of her my love for peaches and other stone fruit has grown in recent years and this salsa is proof.
I also love using this salsa on top of fish tacos, regular tacos, any Mexican inspired cuisine, or just alone with chips! This salsa has the perfect combination of spice and sweetness! You can use canned peaches or fresh for this recipe. They both work well!
How do you make peach salsa from scratch?:
5 peaches (with skins on), diced
1 green bell pepper, seeds removed,diced
3/4 of a small yellow onion, diced
1 large tomato(or 2 medium sized), diced
A lime, squeezed
1 jalapeño, seeds removed, diced
1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp salt
5 large basil leaves, sliced in thin strips(you can also use cilantro instead of basil for a more savory taste, or a mix of the two)
1. Combine everything in a bowl, mix well, and refrigerate for at least a few hours, but the taste is even better the next day!!
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Red, White and Blue Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 Peaches diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper seeds removed and diced
- 3/4 Small Yellow Onion diced
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1 Jalapeno seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 5 large Basil Leaves sliced in thin strips. You can also use cilantro, or a mix of the two.
- Combine everything in a bowl, mix well, and refrigerate for at least a few hours, but the taste is even better the next day!!
Find more meal inspiration on my instagram, below!