Lamb and Chicken Kofta
| LAMB AND CHICKEN KOFTA | Served with a delicious Lemon Avocado Dip! These meat patties are Middle Eastern inspired and are an absolute flavor POWERHOUSE! You can grill these to be more authentic but I am more of a Kitchen cook so I opted to bake them. I added some toasted ground nuts into the meat mixture and used some of my sofrito, which is a combination of peppers, onions, garlic, and herbs.
1 lb Lamb
1 lb Chicken
1/2 cup walnuts
1/3 cup pine nuts
5-6 tbsp Sofrito (recipe here)
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp all spice (can substitute with ground clove)
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Put nuts in food processor and pulse until finely ground, but do not make a paste
2. Add nuts to a dry pan on medium heat and toast. Once they are golden brown, transfer immediately to a large bowl and let them cool.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F
4. Add sofrito to the bowl while the nuts cool.
Add ground meat plus spices.
5. Mix until fully incorporated and then form oval shaped Patties. (I was able to make 21 from 2lbs of meat.) Wet hands slightly to make forming the patties easier.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add patties to the sheet.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Remove meat from the oven and add a bit if oil to a skillet.
9. Cook each patty for 1 minute until it gets a bit browned on each side.
10. Serve with Avocado Lemon Dip
Lemon Avocado dip
Juice of half of one large lemon
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro