This Ricotta Pizza is made with a ricotta cheese mixture seasoned with garlic and pecorino cheese slathered on a delicious flatbread. Seasoned ricotta cheese makes the perfect white pizza base and I love using Naan as my pizza crust because it becomes a personal brick oven pizza and it requires zero work. I am pretty certain this is the easiest and most delicious gourmet pizza recipe you will find on the internet.
In the past couple of years, I have gotten really into white pizza. I blame this new found love on two Philadelphia pizzerias who make delicious white pizza. They are different from each other, but both delicious in their own way. Pizzeria Beddia makes amazing white pizza but it is made with more of a bechamel sauce and not ricotta. The other place I love is Franco’s. Franco’s is sort of this very classic old-school pizzeria. They have an excellent white pizza with vegetables and I started eating while pregnant and never stopped.
I think I have spoken about my change from pepperoni to vegetables a few times now, I used to always want pepperoni on my pizza, but in the past couple of years my taste buds have changed, and it opened me up to how delicious vegetable pizza is. I think, actually, it was because of Allison. She grew up loving vegetable pizza more than meat pizza and I guess she inspired me. But for real, a white pizza with veggies is my ultimate Friday night plans.
I made two different versions of this Ricotta Pizza. I made one with just cheese and I made the other with some marinated artichokes hearts, the type you can find in a jar. Both were delicious! I love white pizza so much and making white pizza with ricotta could not be easier!
What toppings are good on White Pizza?
- hot honey
Ingredients for Ricotta Pizza:
- Ricotta Cheese
- Pecorino (or fresh parmesan)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- salt and pepper
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- 4 Flatbreads Naan or Garlic Naan works best
- 12 oz Whole Milk Ricotta
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese (plus a little extra) Fresh Parmesan also works
- salt and pepper about 1/4 tsp of each
- Combine ricotta cheese, garlic, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and pecorino cheese in a bowl.
- Lay the flatbreads on a baking sheet, and distribute the ricotta mixture evenly on all pizzas. Top with mozzarella cheese, a pinch of black pepper, and a little more of the shredded pecorino.
- Bake at 375F until bubbly! About 10-12 minutes.