Scallion Pancake Pinwheels
|SCALLION PANCAKE PINWHEELS| Good news for those of you that were enjoying my puffpastry-a-thon from last week. I am not done! I was just trying to pace myself. This recipe is by far the easiest. It includes 3 ingredients. Puff Pastry, Green Onions, and Sesame Oil. Well, 4 if you count salt as an ingredient. I got this idea from the scallion pancakes that I order, errr..inhale, at Korean restaurants. This appetizer has the taste of those yummy pancakes, in puff pastry form. I’ve made some home-made scallion pancakes before, and trust me…these are so much easier to make. Plus, they freeze great so you can make them ahead of time and then heat and serve whenever you want. Ingredients:
1 sheet puff pastry(gluten free or regular)
5 green onions chopped thin, about 1/2 cup
2 tbsp Sesame oil
Two generous sprinkles of sea salt
1. Slightly roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry
2. Evenly distribute the sesame oil on the entire surface of the puff pastry sheet.
3. Evenly distributed the thinly sliced green onions.
4. Sprinkle the entire sheet with two generous pinches of salt.
5. Roll up the entire sheet into a long log.
6. Place in the freezer on a freezer safe plate for 15 minutes so that it will firm up and be easier to slice into slices.
7. Cut into slices and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
8. Bake at 400°F for 12 mins