Brazilian Cheese Bread
Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de Queijo)! I was inspired to make this trendy little bread because I saw Trader Joes selling them recently. This is the perfect recipe because my mom has been making these for years. I tweaked her recipe to make it my own and made it a bit cheesier!! Who can be mad about that?? She isn’t Brazilian, but she loves cooking and we both got into cooking with alternative ingredients around 8 years ago.
What is Brazilian cheese bread made of?
Simple and gluten-free Brazilian cheese bread is made with tapioca flour, milk, eggs, oil, and cheese. Tapioca flour gives them their light, crispy texture and they are soo addicting!!! The rest of the ingredients are super common ingredients you probably already have in your house!
Is tapioca starch and flour the same?
Yes, but some brands just tend to be better than others. Tapioca flour/starch is a very fine white flour made from the root of the cassava plant. Anywhere you see tapioca starch in a recipe you can use tapioca flour. I normally buy my tapioca flour from the Asian Supermarkets (H-Mart).
Check out my video on Instagram showing you how I made these step by step! @spinachandbacon
Ingredients for Brazilian Cheese Bread:
Half and Half
Directions for this dish:
1. Preheat Oven to 400°F
2. Pour all ingredients into a high speed blender and combine fully. You may need to scrape the sides down and blend again.
3. Once blended, spray a 24 Mini Muffin Pan with oil spray or grease with oil.
4. Fill each hole leaving a little space at the top. A little less than half an inch.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes. 17 minutes worked perfectly for me!
6. Let Cool and pop them out of the pan and into your mouth!
If you like this recipe, you may also like these:
Brazilian Cheese Bread
- Vitamix or other High Speed Blender
- Mini Muffin Pan
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 Cups Tapioca Flour
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Almond Oil
- 1/3 Cup Half and Half
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat Oven to 400°F
- Pour all ingredients into a High Speed Blender and combine fully. You may need to scrape the sides down and blend again.
- Once blended, spray a 24 Mini Muffin Pan with oil spray or grease with oil.
- Fill each hole leaving a little space at the top. A little less than half an inch.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. 17 minutes worked perfectly for me!
- Let Cool and pop them out of the pan and into your mouth!